Incentive spirometers are used to help patients improve the functioning of their lungs. The breathing exercises are designed to help patients take long deep breaths, similar to a yawn. The deep breathing improves the ability to clear mucus from the lungs and may also increase the amount of oxygen getting into the lungs.
This product benefits the patient by
- Ensuring patients inhale, rather than exhale into the unit.
- Easily adjustable to suit each patient needs.
- The bright colour makes it easier to see for patients emerging from the effects of anaesthesia.
- Easy to train.
- Stays with the patient (can be used inhospital and/or in the home) , aiding compliance.
- Accommodates patients requiring supplemental oxygen.
- Saves space.
- Colorful deep-seacharacters, games, puzzles and stickers