Vitalstim Plus Electrotherapy and Semg Biofeedback System
- VitalStim Plus neuromuscular electrical stimulation helps recruit and re-educate muscles in the process of swallowing.
- Under the guidance of a clinician, patients partner in an interactive therapy that aids muscle strengthening to rehabilitate swallowing.
- Preset or customized programs allow the provider to truly customize treatments while biofeedback and visuals create a patient-focused experience that encourages engagement and achievement of goals.
- The VitalStim Plus Electrotherapy and sEMG Biofeedback System projects live treatment progress onto a computer or tablet screen.
- The Screen Mirroring technology allows clinicians to guide patients through personalized, targeted swallowing exercises. sEMG biofeedback helps to increase effort and duration of swallowing attempts and to improve coordination.
- It also offers the potential for objective evaluation of swallowing function and patterns.
- For VMS - VitalStim Waveforms and sEMG Triggered Stimulation.
- Muscle re-education by application of external stimulation to the muscles necessary for pharyngeal contraction.
- Intended Uses- VMS Waveform
- VMS waveform is a square symmetrical biphasic waveform with the application for use on the musculature of the face.
Optional application of sEMG biofeedback with Muscle Stimulation VMS waveform for prevention or retardation of disuse atrophy, for muscle re-education, and for relaxation of muscle spasms in the treatment of swallowing musculature dysfunction in post-traumatic conditions or after neurological insult with impaired neuromuscular function.
Intended Uses- VitalStim Waveform
VitalStim waveform is a square symmetrical biphasic waveform with interphase interval pulse with the application for use on the swallowing musculature in the anterior portion of the neck.
The intended uses are
The VitalStim waveform intended uses are muscle re-education of the swallowing musculature in the treatment of dysphagia (swallowing problems) from any etiology except mechanical causes that would need surgical intervention (for instance, obstructing tumors). Non-mechanical causes of dysphagia include neurological and muscle disorders cardiovascular accidents; respiratory disorders with swallowing complications; latrogenic conditions (conditions caused by surgery) fibrosis/stenosis arising from radiation disuse due to stroke, intubation, or birth-related anoxic injuries; and trauma to the head and neck. This device is a prescription device intended for use by or on the order of a physician or other licensed health professional.
Intended Uses- Surface EMG
sEMG is surface biofeedback for use on the swallowing musculature of the face and/or anterior portion of the neck.
The intended uses are The sEMG intended uses are surface electromyography biofeedback for relaxation training and muscle re-education